A little village six miles west of Fayetteville is called Farmington. It was laid out about 1870, by W. H. Ingles, and for a number of years grew quite rapidly, but of late it has somewhat deteriorated. The principal business is carried on by C. C. Conner & Co., who have a general store, and also operate a flouring-mill. Reed & Son and Rieff & Macy are the other merchants. A wagon-shop is conducted by J. H. Cato.
Dutch Mills, on Section 28, Township 14, Range 33; Greensburg, on Section 16, Township 13, Range 33; Viney Grove, on Section 1, Township 15, Range 32; Sulphur City, on Section 15, Township 15, Range 29; Brentwood, on Section 29, Township 14, Range 30; McGuire’s Store, on Section 25, Township 16, Range 29; Winslow, on Section 13, Township 13, Range 30, and Salem Springs, on Section 8, Township 14, Range 33, are smaller places, some of which promise growth.
Back to: Washington County, Arkansas History
Source: History of Benton, Washington, Carroll, Madison, Crawford, Franklin, and Sebastian Counties, Arkansas. Chicago, IL, USA: Goodspeed Publishing Co., 1889.