Polk County

Polk County from the 1854 Colton Railroad and Township Map

Aleshire Cemetery, Shady, Arkansas

Location & Information The directions and information pertaining to this cemetery was given by Mary Lee Aleshire Andrews and Charley Aleshire of Cove, Arkansas. Because the two graves, located on the old homestead of J. S. Aleshire, are not marked some specific directions have been given for the purpose of preserving a record of this cemetery’s location. On the land that J. S. Aleshire homesteaded in the middle 1800’s.Section 7, Township 4 South, Range 28 WestNot Listed on the Polk County Arkansas Tax Roll From Mena follow Highway 8 East to Highway 375; turn onto Highway 375 and follow it …

Aleshire Cemetery, Shady, Arkansas Read More »

Board Camp Cemetery, Board Camp, Arkansas

Board Camp Cemetery, Board Camp, Arkansas

Location Nine and one-half miles East of Mena on Highway 8, behind the Primitive Baptist Church on the South Side of the highway. NW, Section 33, Township 2 South, Range 29 West County records reflect this as New Prospect Cemetery Parcel #2548 ? History Mr. W. A. Miller, grandfather of Marcus Miller and Mrs. Ella Graf, gave the first land to be used as a “Public Burial Ground”. Additional land was given by Luther Perry and Rilland B. Miller. Then later, Mr. Perry sold some land to the Community’s Cemetery Committee. Approximately two hundred unnamed graves have been marked with …

Board Camp Cemetery, Board Camp, Arkansas Read More »

Pin It on Pinterest

Scroll to Top